Eco Friendly Products
Your skin is important to us, and so is our environment! We will always try and take the course of action that will cause as least amount of impact on our environment as possible.
Recycle, Re-Use, Reduce
- We are into recyling everything we possiblly can, such as paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, and metals.
- When we are sent supplies, we keep the box and the packing peanuts or balloon bags to use again when sending out customers larger orders.
- We use recyclable packing on our products.
- All our paper supplies are from recycled paper.
- If we have any left over product after packaging, we use it for another product or use it for samples in gift baskets. We endeavour to have as little waste product as possible.
- We shred paper waste and re-use as packing material.
- Bottles and jars that ingredients come in are washed & sterilized and then re-used for storage, testers and batching sample containers.
- We work to reduce the amount of energy it takes to create our products and transport them to you.
- 100% of our lighting is now fluorescent. We use natural daylight as much as possible.
- We run energy efficient appliances.
- Wherever possible we use muscle power instead of appliances. Great for our health and reducing energy consumption.
- We rug up rather than turning heating on. Our heating is a leader in low emissions.
- Our utensils and equipment is mainly hand washed and sterilized by hand, instead of using the dishwasher.
- We mainly conduct business digitally and make the adminstration side of our business almost paper free.
- We use top of the range, energy efficient computer hardware with good green ratings.
- We are in an area that constantly has water restrictions, so we are always mindful of how much water is used.
- We use as much waste water as possible in the flower gardens.
- As much as possible, we purchase environmentally sustainable materials.
- When ordering produdcts, we opt for ecologically certified products when they are available.
- The countries of origin of the Palm Oil used in our Soaps are Brazil, Columbia or Thailand.
According to World Wildlife Fund International, we will all face a sharp drop in living standards by the middle of the century unless we stop our current depletion of the earth's natural resources. Furthermore, when packaging is not reused, recycled or biodegraded, it contaminates the earth and ultimately kills innocent wildlife.
Nearly all of our packaging is recyclable. The most recycled plastic material is PET or Polyethylene Terephthalate. This is because of its wide spread use in carbonated soft drinks and also its unique ability to be recycled from bottle to bottle. PET is 100% recyclable.
Recycling uses less than 30% of the energy needed to manufacture virgin PET. Due to the worldwide demand in PET use for Carbonated Soft Drinks and other beverage, and the ease of use of PET bottle for bottle manufacturer, recycling facilities for PET far exceed any other plastic. The demand for recycled PET also ensures that the recycling rate remains high and therefore makes PET the most environmentally friendly plastic in the world. Our PET containers are manufactured in Australia.
The key benefits of PET are as follows;
- Compared to glass and other heavier containers, there is up to 30% transport cost savings due to weight and volume reductions.
- Using PET ensures high recycling rates as the demand for the recycled product exceeds that of any other plastic.
- Great shelf life performance as PET has excellent chemical and physical barrier properties.
- Brilliant glass clear presentation of our products.
- Great strength with no breakages under normal use.